Friday, December 4, 2015

Ornaments Inspired by Land of Nod

Color Dipped Letter Ornament





Land of Nod has the most adorable ornaments out this year. I wanted to buy a few for the kids, but then decided that the one simple ornament that I liked could easily be recreated at home for the fraction of the cost. I purchased wooden letters at Michaels. They have more modern looking fonts available, but I was unable to find the letters I need in those types of letters there. So, I grabbed the next best option.  They were around $1 a piece, and considering the Land of Nod Version is $4 on sale a piece this was a huge savings.


I simply used painters tape to seal off an edge, and then used craft paint to cover the unpainted wood.  It took less than three minutes to do all four letters.


I did these between when everyone was going down for a nap and cleaning all the stuff that was around my house. We have had a couple of crazy days lately, and I needed to spend more time cleaning than crafting. This gave me my creative time, and still left me plenty of time to do other things. They dried fairly quickly and I plan on attaching some bakers twine to hang them from the tree for the kids.







Here they are on the larger tree to show you what they look like. When Wynn came home from school she hung them on everyone's smaller trees in their rooms.  This would be a super simple kids craft as well.


Thanks so much for stopping by as always! Do not forget to enter the giveaway on the post from earlier this week that gets you a fun gift from UncommonGoods. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. These are so stinken cute! I saw them in the catalog last week. Yours came out just as darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute Megan!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Adorable! You did an awesome job with the letters :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornaments! What a great and simple idea. After Christmas, these would be cute with magnets on the back on the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)