Sunday, February 1, 2015

Frozen Birthday on a Budget

My goal for Wynn's 5th birthday party was to keep to a strict budget. I usually go crazy with parties, and it is easy to do so when you do not keep track of expenses. There are so many great ideas out there, and I decided to try my best to keep everything under $125.  

Decorations:

 I made this centerpiece from a bottle from Michaels, fake snow, a few straws, a long lollipop like stick and scrapbook paper. It is possible to make these several at a time.  It cost around $1.50 a piece if you are looking to make something similar.  I traced the wooden five I purchased from Michaels. You do not always need a Silhouette to cut out a shape :)



Clockwise from the top left: Target Favor Bags ($2), Walmart tableware for 10 ($8), Michaels foam snowflakes ($2), Tinsel ($1), Michaels glitter letters ($3), Michaels Christmas tree on clearance ($5), Walmart cup, snowflake boxes and ornament ($3), Michaels wooden 5, gems and cupcake liners ($3), Michaels wooden frame ($2), Etsy food labels ($2), and Michaels scrapbook paper ($1).




I had never done hot chocolate in a crock pot before, but I used this great recipe.  Everyone enjoyed their hot chocolate. I decorated around the crock pot with some leftover stuffing I had in my basement to resemble snow. I purchased a set of paper cups from Target and added everyone's name to the sleeve for the cups with stickers. I used printable food labels purchased on sale from Etsy for $1.50.
I wrapped the whipped cream with a piece of scrapbook paper.  I had cinnamon sticks, peppermint patties and snowman marshmallows for toppings as well.

 I love the line "we finish each other's sandwiches" from the movie. Wynn loves chicken salad and I used a basic recipe that was new to me. Everyone said it was delicious.






I wrapped small Gatorade bottles in scrapbook paper for a more Frozen look and called it melted snow.  Wynn said that this was the "Frozen" colored Gatorade.  




Food Cost for a party with 9 people (which includes Wynn): $65. The cupcakes were purchased from Wal-Mart, and added some edible snowflakes I purchased on Etsy.  The total cost for this party was $97, it was $28 below my budget.  I will be sharing the party favors tomorrow.  

The birthday girl had a great time!




7 comments:

  1. Awesome job Mumma, you have put together the perfect frozen party and on a great budget :) btw the sandwiches line is a quote from Arrested Development, one of my favourite shows, when I first watched Frozen I nearly died laughing when she said it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great party on a budget! Happy Bday to your little one...she looks like she enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Wynn's smile says it all - a really sweet party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Wynn knows what a great mommy she has! I loved all the snack ideas...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Wynn loved the party! All of the decorations look great! The Frozen-themed snacks are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so much creativity! I love all of the food labels, the decor, and hey, the hot chocolate in the crock pot! ;) How awesome that the birthday girl had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed! I love a creative and thoughtful party that was done on a budget. My favorite is all the fake snow...that's brilliant. You thought of everything. Loved it all.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)