Monday, November 24, 2014

Enjoying "Me Time" During the Holiday Season




“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media®, PEOPLE® Magazine and The Hershey Company®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #HolidayMeTimeMags http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH

Last year for Thanksgiving our family was getting used to going from a family of three to a family of five just a few weeks prior to the holiday. We were sleep deprived and I was so grateful that my dear parents brought an entire Thanksgiving meal to our home already prepared. It was so sweet, but it was hardly the best opportunity to set aside some time to myself.  I think anyone who has been around an infant or even twin infants for that matter can agree that me time is a rare treasure. This year we have been able to get the kids all on a great afternoon nap time schedule, and this truly allows me to have the me time I have put aside for the past year. I love these kiddos, but I do enjoy having some time to myself.





Last weekend, I headed to Safeway to purchase some ingredients for the the various upcoming holiday festivities.  While I was there I picked up a few rare treats for myself to enjoy while I got to planning out my holiday gift list ideas. I purchased a delicious King Size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pack and a People Magazine. I considered this combo to be a mid-day reward. I have not bought a magazine or candy item in the Safeway check out line in years, and usually it is Wynn attempting to grab something for herself.

Everyone deserves to have a chance to enjoy me time during the busy holiday season. Head on over to Safeway's Coupon Center to obtain a great $1 off coupon on the  purchase of People or Sunset magazine and one Reese's, Hershey's or other selected King Size candy bars.  You must register with the Safeway Online Portal to obtain the coupon, and the coupon is valid from 11/21/2014 through 12/19/2014 while supplies last. It is easy to do, and you could also print off some other great coupons for your grocery shopping list. You will need to register with the Just4You site.



My favorite part of the me time was that as I was reading the People magazine I came across the crossword puzzle. Years ago I remember I would love completing these puzzles whenever the People would be delivered to my mailbox. I was especially excited because there were several questions related to one of my favorite television shows, The Sopranos. It was so great to be able to enjoy the me time with two treats for myself. I hope you will take some time for yourself soon.

4 comments:

  1. Look at you! You've mastered being a family of 5 with some valuable me time fitted in there too. I loved the Sopranos too and crossword puzzles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me time, oh I love it too. My perfect me time is at 2 pm the little two are napping and the older kids are at school, I love to have a sneaky chai latte and watch reruns of my fave show :) Well done on taking five, 3 kids, working, blogging and doing all your DIY you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure deserve some "me time"...even if it involves making a list for others! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you do it, but yeah, you totally deserve some "me time"! I love reading my magazines while sipping a cup of coffee or tea. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)