Monday, September 9, 2013

Ghost Bucket Halloween Treat

I realize that it is only the beginning of September, but knowing that I will be out of commission around Halloween time makes me want to get some projects done now.  I picked up some super cute Happy Halloween buckets in the Target Dollar Spot last year on clearance for a quarter each. 
I made made these super easy ghost buckets with Wynn for her two preschool teachers. We placed a Styrofoam ball wrapped in chevron burlap in the bucket. Then we wrapped two Tootsie Pops with napkins and tied it with some straw. Wynn helped me to draw two eyes on each ghost, and then we stuck them through the burlap and into the Styrofoam.
Now I'm wishing that I had snagged a couple more of these buckets last year. They could be used to make all sorts of things for Halloween.  These cost probably around $.75 to make for each teacher. Target always seems to have some sort of buckets in their Dollar Spot though.  Thanks so much for stopping by! 

11 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love buying AFTER the holiday for a great sale : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the buckets at Targets dollar spot! Hope I can find these this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute getting everything prepared! Very cute buckets, doesn't matter how many we buy when they're cheap it's never enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed. You really are getting things in order. This is adorable. Her teachers will love this sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are these?! My problem with buying things after a holiday is that I often forget what I have (or where I put it) by the time that holiday rolls around the next year... ;) Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these.. great score on the adorable buckets :) And even though it's only September, we're always one holiday ahead here in blogland anyway. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable idea!! So fun Megan! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! And simple! My kind of craft :) I'd love for you to link up with my weekly party, Life Created Tuesdays! We're pinning and featuring posts each week!

    Erin
    theviewfromfiveten.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on Mel's link-up (Freaking Awesome Friday's) and knew it was going to be cute It is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cute!! Thanks for sharing this post on Tickled Pink Times Two!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)