Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pottery Barn Kids Life Preserver Knock Off

Once again I am back with another Pottery Barn Kids knock off.  With an upcoming nautical themed bridal shower in the works I was able to find many decorative ideas in the catalog.  The Pottery Barn version goes for $69 and an additional fee may be paid to personalize the life preserver.



I thought about what I could use in order to create a knock off, and decided to head to the Dollar Tree. I bought an inner tube in a shade of blue for you guessed it one dollar.  Then I took some scrap fabric and frayed the edges of it.  I wrapped four strips around the tube to resemble the PBK version.


Here is the finished knock off:

Not bad for a $1! I am going to make a few more for the party, and also personalize one with the bride and grooms initials. But, I wanted to keep that part as a surprise.  Thank you for stopping by!


12 comments:

  1. What a great and inexpensive knock off Megan! So cool! The bride and grooms initials will be nice on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is PERFECT. What a great way to add a nautical touch, Pottery Barn inspired, for a dollar! This would be adorable for a pool party too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh girl you know how to make a dollar look fab!!

    xo,Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make a fun party decoration (especially at that price!) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun knock-off Megan - super cute! You always have the best vision for how to get the look for less!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is genius, I think next Summer I am going to look at doing a nautical themed New Years, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Megan! Nobody can beat that price!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love it when PB stuff can be DIYed. People love it and pay so much to have the look! Great post!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your color so much better anyway! AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)