Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rope Turned Nautical Theme Curtain Rod by Chris & Amy

It will be two years next month that Chris and I moved into our home, and for two years we have not had curtains in our "formal" living room. I changed my mind on the paint color a million times and did not know how I wanted the room decorated. As I was putting pieces together the room organically evolved into a shabby chic/coastal vibe. Our window treatments were last on the list and I was determined to put something up. I was inspired by a photo I found from vintagerevival.blogspot.com. First I spray painted all the hardware with leftover spray paint. Chris put the hooks up for me:) We put the rope up first so we could make sure it was even on both sides. Afterwards, we fed the curtains through the rope and tied the sides around boat cleats!!! After two years its finally complete and we couldnt be happier:)









Supplies: Hooks (Home Depot) $ 12
Rope (Home Deopt) $ 12
Boat Cleats (online) $10
Curtains (Ikea) $40
Total: $74


Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by: Amy & Chris

32 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea and so unique! It looks great and was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a clever idea! I like how it turned out and I'm sure you are happy to finally have curtains up! It takes me forever to pick out curtains too, but they really do finish off the room! *Says the person who doesn't have curtains in her living room yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samm. Curtains are definitely hard to pick out!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant idea! Now I can do this in our dining area. Thank you so much for sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so great! I would have never thought to use rope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the curtains frame the window, and the rope gives it the final touch! Great!

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely fabulous idea. I use rope and jute all the time, but never like this! I totally love it.Please, please, if you have a sec, come link it up at Too Much Time On My Hands link party going on till Monday night:)
    xxx Kim
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-15-dont-stop-the-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So randomly my neighbor told me the other day that they have 600 ft of hemp rope in their basement that they dont know what to do with... I will have to show her this!
    Oh and thanks again for leaving me a sweet note! (about my house numbers)
    It's nice to feel like I have an official address.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of using rope as a curtain rod in a nautical theme room. I would not have thought about doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never would have thought to use rope for curtain rods...very inventive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a difference that makes! I'm impressed on the cost! That's awesome! We loved having you at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea.. Love the look!
    Thanks for linking up at friday fun party

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look! I love it!

    Thank you for linking up to A Pinteresting Party! :) Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)