Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coffee Table Update




Once again Chris and I had an old piece of furniture that was in our basement. My parents gave us their coffee table when we first moved in together but after we bought our house I wasnt fond of using it. It wasnt our style. I had an idea to find some use out of it. I sanded it with 60 grit sand paper followed by 220 grit. I had to put two coats of paint, after it dried I took 220 grit and sanded in again. I bought a yard fabric from joann fabric (i only needed a half a yard but im sure i can find some use with the extra fabric:) I flipped the table over a hot glued fabric so it would show underneath the glass. I bought distressed ink from Michaels to give it a distressed shabby chic look. Finally I srayed polyurethane to give it a shiny gloss look.

Coffe table-Free
Paint-I only used 2 paint samples from home depot ( color-Raffia Cream) $5
Fabric- Joann Fabric $20
Distressed Ink- Michaels $5
Polyurethane Spray- Home Depot $7

Total: $37

Chris & Amy


Shared On 

A Glimpse Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)